This is the first release where ShapeLogic is moving beyond current parameters as a plugin library for ImageJ, currently only used in a letter recognition example. The improved system will be for declarative programming where the user can define rules in either a database or flat file. The focus will still be on image processing and computer vision, but the system will be more broadly applicable. There has been no new work on image processing or letter recognition in this release. ShapeLogic 1.0 will combine these new changes with the current image processing code.
- Introduce new functional, declarative and query constructs to Java
- Implement lazy streams like Haskell, Scala or Scheme
- These functional constructs are very lightweight and you only need one 200KB jar file to use it in other applications
- Test streams by solving the first 10 mathematical problems from Project Euler
- Enabled Java 6 Scripting for evaluating expressions.